This Levi should not be confused with Levi P. Barnum, son of Levi Barnum and Jerusha Peck, who has the same years of both birth and death, but different days and months.
Beaver Bog Cemetery, which is located at the intersection of Bigelow Road, Beaver Bog Road and Route 37, was originally part of the Methodist Church. The present church was built in 1835 and was called the Methodist Episcopal Church. The building was built by Jesse and Isaac Scudder, Archibald Campbell, Hezekiah Wildman and Amos Stevens. Several of the early families buried at this cemetery belonged to the church. The cemetery separated from the church in 1935, since most of the original church members were then deceased. At this time it became the Beaver Bog Cemetery. An association was formed in later years to cover the maintenance. The oldest legible stone in the Beaver Bog Cemetery is that of Zebulon Plat, who died in 1809. This burial ground was recorded in 1915 and again in 1934. After comparing those records with the actual tombstones left in 1982, there were found to be 24 stones missing, destroyed or totally illegible. In 1908 a monument was erected there to honor the Revolutionary War soldiers buried at Beaver Bog Cemetery.