A Genealogy of the Barnum, Barnam and Barnham Family

Family Header

A One-Name Study for the BARNUM/BARNHAM Surname

Notes for Ebenezer BARNUM

The Beaver Bog Cemetery, which is located at the intersection of Bigelow Road, Beaver Bog Road and Route 37, was originally part of the Methodist Church. The present church was built in 1835 and was called the Methodist Episcopal Church. The building was built by Jesse and Isaac Scudder, Archibald Campbell, Hezekiah Wildman and Amos Stevens. Several of the early families buried at this cemetery belonged to the church. The cemetery separated from the church in 1935, since most of the original church members were then deceased. At this time it became the Beaver Bog Cemetery. An association was formed in later years to cover the maintenance. The oldest legible stone in the Beaver Bog Cemetery is that of Zebulon Plat, who died in 1809. This burial ground was recorded in 1915 and again in 1934. After comparing those records with the actual tombstones left in 1982, there were found to be 24 stones missing, destroyed or totally illegible. In 1908 a monument was erected there to honor the Revolutionary War soldiers buried at Beaver Bog Cemetery.

A Research Guide to the Genealogy of the Barnum/Barnam/Barnham Family Worldwide




Click Here to AOpen AncientFaces.com

AncientFaces - Family History Photos

1998, 2022. The format of this website and all original statements and narrative included on it are copyrighted and all rights are reserved. Factual information may be freely quoted for use in private genealogical research when accompanied by a full source citation, including the date of acquisition. Click here to view the format of a citation for an Internet resource. The publication of large extracts from this site in any form requires prior written consent.


Page built by Gedpage Version 2.21 ©2009 on 07 June 2024